Monday, May 5, 2008

The End of Leave

(June 16th, 2005)

Ok, so it's almost four in the a.m....
And I have to leave for the airport in less than an hour
My bags are all finally packed to go
And all i want right now is a nap and a long hot shower.
But I doubt that I'll get either one
Since I've last minute checking around to do
I can't find my cd player anywhere,
And my cd's and both pairs of sunglasses too.

These two weeks went by so quickly,
Way faster than even I was really willing to bet;
And though I'm actually glad to return
I just kinda wish that my fun wasn't over quite yet.
I've been running nonstop since I got here
And as for sleep, well, I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead
But a pillow does sound great about now
As well as the lure of that warm comforting bed.

Just a few more hours left until
I get back to the daily hammer ,chisel, and grind
And although it'll be hot (and work)
I really must say that I don't at all mind.
I'm convinced that I worked harder
On this leave and vacation from work of mine
Than I have in our last month of work
And all in such hurried and exhausting short time!

But now I'm fianally going home
Or at least to the other place I like to call such
And the fun I had here, I'm sure to have there
And although different, I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much!

2 comments:

~im just only me~ said...

You know what i love about this? Its just so simple and matter of fact :) i cant write like that... it always turns into something else... i love stuff like that :)

Dayna said...

thanks cass... it's my favorite form to use in writing.